Friday, May 30, 2008

Sbisa, Luca - D - Lethbridge

Luca Sbisa / Lethbridge Hurricanes WHL
D-L / 6-1.75, 190 / 30-Jan-1990

Skating: 60 / Skill: 55 / Sense: 55 / Compete: 60 / Tough: 60

Strengths: Well rounded. Good with the puck. Plays a gritty style.

Weaknesses: Not sure where the upside is here. Needs to work on gap control. Tweener size and skill set.

Not as high on Sbisa as many NHL guys I know. Is a lock 1st rounder, but I don't know what kind of player he'll be in the NHL. Offensive? Stay at home? Just lacks a little something extra in my book. And then there's the Swiss question, but naturally he deserves credit for coming over to North America.

Summary: Saw this player a lot, but not sure if I'd even get a better read on him if I would have seen him 80 times this year.

Target/Want: Would not slot anywhere near as high as it would take to get him.

No comments: